Friday, February 01, 2008

Last night was a bit hectic. It seems two events happened - my beloved Pixie Michele Woebegone's wedding to Zak Branen (I think that's his name) AND my hosting job at Carraigs in Fibber Magees down in Dublin. I did my job and then hit Michele's post-wedding party, but I was so exhausted that I only lated about an hour before finally collapsing.

Now today, I've already done an unexpected hosting session this morning at the Blarney Stone's Morning Coffee as a favour to the lady who is taking over my hosting session tonight since Miss Laval's rez day party is tonight - unfortunately I didn't connect Michele's "July 31st wedding at 7:30 SLT" with my "hosting on July 31st at 7-10 SLT" but I was able - as if by a sheer miracle! - to make connection Miss Laval's rez day party and my hosting duties this evening.

IRL I've been doing a bit for an Imbolc ritual (it's largely improvised though since I don't exactly live in pagan-friendly central and I rent this house from wonderful, but still very dedicated, Christians so setting up an actual altar to *omg* pagan gods - is out of the question). Speaking of which, Baroness Palowaski is having an Imbolc ball tomorrow night somewhere in Caledon.

In any case - congrats to Michele and mazel tov as my Jewish friends say! Happy rez day to Miss Laval! And happy Imbolc to the Celtic/Wiccan pagans who read this - and for those who are neither, may your gods bless you and keep you just the same.

Cha loisg teine, grian, no gealach mi,
Cha bhath luin, li, no sala mi,
Cha reub saighid sithich, no sibhich mi,
Mi fo chomaraig mo Brigid.

No comments: