Tuesday, February 12, 2008

THE LEADING HORSE IS WHITE

There's a great 70s prog-rock album by a 60s Greek pop band called Aphrodite's Child. It's a concept album based upon the Revelation of St. John the Divine, more commonly known as "The Book of Revelation" (or, from time to time, "Revelations" to the consternation of us Bible nerds).

"What the hell does your goofy ass hippie music have to do with SL?"

I'm getting to that. Some of my friends - Miss Laval primary among them - are often tinies. I like the concept of them but too often they're just too... "cutesy." I, of course, am not cutesy. I am evil, damnit. I have a tiny avi but I rarely used it because even the spooky tiny attire I found (viking, voodoo doll, ghost, etc.) was rather cutesy. That has changed.

Photobucket

From Mr. Chaffro Schoonmaker comes a series for tinies based upon the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - and there is I, Pucky the Tinywolf, as Conquest, the first of the Horsemen. The other three are available in his shop as well - but sadly the money is not available in my pockets quite yet.

As I properly noted to my dear friend (and, of course, wife! hahahah) Miss Aleja Asturias, "Gotta head out tonight, honey, I'll be home late. Gotta take over the world."

It's rough being a horseman.

Miss Laval said that there are horses for tinies. A man can always hope that one day Mr. Schoonmaker will make tiny horses for the tiny horsemen.

Tinies are still a tad cutesy - but the fact that I am now taking over the world with my tiny makes up for a lot of that.

edited:

Of course, until I get my horse, I can always be one of the Four Wheelers of the Apocalypse.

Photobucket

Taken down at Aleja's GimpGirl headquarters where I was called because she didn't want my leprechaun magic pot of gold anymore. :(

5 comments:

Eladrienne Laval said...

Cutesy? Dude, I got arrested for tiny catfighting and try to shoot down planes on a regular basis for goodness sakes!

Okay...yeah...I'm cute...

But I'll take you DOWN!

Edward Pearse said...

Still looks cute to me :-P

Diamanda Gustafson said...

I can't believe you know Aphrodite's Child!

Michael Röhm said...

Miss Laval,

I certainly hope so!

Lord Primbroke,

When the flames of Armageddon sweep through even Steelhead, you won't find me so cute!

Miss Gustafson,

You know, I wondered if you knew of them as well! I've loved "666" since I found it back on Audiogalaxy several years ago. It is one of my all time faves.

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

*scratches tiny Puck behind the ears* Awwwwww! When you're raining hellfire and brimstone down on even Steelhead, do drop in for some cookies. ;-) I hear taking over the world causes you to get fearfully hungry. And Yes, Miss Laval has the distinct honour of being the first person thrown in jail in Steelhead. She did look awfully cute in there though.