Sunday, February 17, 2008

DEATH IS A CABARET, OLD CHUM

Friends,

Last night was a bit of a bust. I tried to host over at Diegoland as part of my scheduling - and the bloody client crashed on me and wouldn't let me back in for a few hours. What. The. Hell.

However, while things suck for me and all, this post isn't about that. This post is simply a link to one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I've already posted about it on "real me" Livejournal so I will copy my entry from there:




1890s Parisians - the true, original Goffs.

I've been reading this book:

Photobucket

which is all about the depraved underworld of the Weimar Republic, before a certain pathetic little Austrian had to ruin everything for everyone.

I wonder if there's a similar one for Montmartre Paris in the late 1800s? I know the same author has done a book on the Grand Guignol that is maddeningly now OOP.




I think that come next Samhain, I will delve into these for my decoration ideas. I was a vampire (briefly, as mom... well, you know...) my first year, ran a Corvus sanctuary last year - perhaps I shall base my next Halloween house on these cabarets!

First I think I will have to create some of these posters and images in SL - if only to add to the general decor of my home. Though I fear the otherwise bright and cheerful decor may clash with it. ;)

No comments: