Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A meek call for peace

Those who know me know that I am always loathe to rock the boat and offend others. Why, it just isn't gentlemanly and is certainly not the sort of man *I* wish to be!

However, recently an event in Caledon has transpired that has upset me quite a bit - the prospect of the RCAF shutting down. I am not a member of this esteemed organization, to be honest, but many I know are. What disturbs me is not so much the shutting down of it - that's up to the group's owner, of course - but the reasons why it was seemingly shut down. The reason: dick-waving fucktardery.

You know the types - guys who know everything and can't tolerate difference. Whether it's in politics, religion or which effing linux text editor to use, there's always a handful of fanatics that refuse to accept that other people don't accept their narrow-minded definition of anything. I compare it to dick-waving due to a George Carlin routine comparing war mongers to dick-wavers, each one trying to prove he has a bigger dick. Even women get into this idiotic fighting over stupid bullshit. "My console is better! My copy of an anime is better!" and further degrees of utter patheticness.

It seems just such an insufferable person has been making digs for quite some time at the RCAF. I was aware of it, but I figured it was just the usual bullshit that people unfortunately tend to do - apparently, judging by the reaction of The Insatiable Zoe Connelly (insatiable - best kind of woman!), it was more than that. It was one guy who knew the True Meaning Of All Steampunk And Military and may god damn you and up to your fifteenth generation if you don't too!

As you might guess, this sort of dick wavery is stupid. SL is a place for enjoyment and entertainment. Steampunk is a form of speculative science fiction. Roleplay is by default not possible to be "accurate." No one is forming a civil-war re-enaction center here. It's just for fun.

But a True Godly Prophet Of TROOTH always has to come along and tell everyone how dumb and wrong they are.

As I posted in Miss Connelly's blog: My advice: Ignore dick-waving fun-killers. Don't let yourself be troubled by them. Someone who feels the need to ruin someone else's utterly harmless fun isn't worth your attention anyway. They are infantile and idiotic. Keep on keeping on, having fun and don't let the bastard(s) keep you down.

Just let them be alone and 'confident' in their OMG RIGHTOUSNESS. Just have fun and ignore people who try to tell you how wrong you supposedly are.

1 comment:

Eladrienne Laval said...

Amen to that!