Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Friends,

I bring you great tidings of joy. And also, shrunken heads! (aren't they the same thing?)

Photobucket

They're sold by Miss Sarah Nerd - but you can just tell anyone who inquires about yours that you risked your very life against the murderous Shuar of the Jivaro Clan to acquire one - and any good Victorian explorer must also include ominous references to cannibalism and mad, depraved pagan tribal rituals - it just makes the story much more fun to tell. Not nearly as much as participating in mad, depraved pagan tribal rituals, I would imagine - but we can't have everything.

She also manufactures walking sticks topped with shrunken heads - unfortunately, they are merely prims, they have no AO (I prefer ones with AO, like the sticks I use, from Gaslights Emporium) but they make for fine decor, as you can see.

If you're as interested in these things as I am, do consult this excellent gallery of cyber-Museum of shrunken heads and its accompanying home page.

yours,

Puck

No comments: