This morning, however, I came across a pretty nice set that with the help of Lady Primbroke (as I myself was - pardon the pun -broke as well) I managed to acquire. I really like it. It's only for the chest, there does not appear to be a bottom set of tats (despite there being pants/boxers in the set) - I don't quite get it, but here is the chest:



And clothed:

Although (naturally) it's impossible to tell whether such a tattoo/woad style actually existed (all we have are the writings of Romans who may or may not be accurate), I like to think, at least, that it's in the tradition of the great Cruithne, their main goddess of course being the Lady whose sunwheel/cross I wear (at least according to some traditions). Even if it isn't remotely true, it's certainly nice to believe. The thing in my chest, by the by, is a heart-pumper, bought by a good friend - and purchased due to my own heart problems irl, so I rather like it. I think of it as a steampunk pace maker; if only my own pace maker were one!
Cheers!
Puck

No comments:
Post a Comment