Sunday, January 27, 2008

Miss Laval did a post in celebration of her upcoming SL birthday

and posted a pic of her as she first appeared (outside of newbie skin and clothes and all of course). I don't have anything THAT early, but I do have one from when I bought my first land and since my bday was about a month ago, figured I'd post a few old school Pucky pics for the laughs.

Photobucket

This is the earliest one I have. Mr. Goodliffe, of course, in a Blarney Stone music fest t-shirt, a pair of leather pants, freebie boots, freebie hair and a black derby I bought for like 20 lindens in my first house ever, the Irish cottage. There's a freebie chair and freebie table behind me with a Lady of Shallott I'd made and a bookcase I'd gotten for free too. I forget what the second book was that is standing up on that table, but the one laying down is a copy of Yeats' Crossways.

The place was called 'Pouk's Pinfold' after a term apparently used in Langland's Piers Plowman to denote Hell (Pouk being Puck and Puck standing in for the devil given the demonising of the elder gods and fay by the Christians). Supposedly the use of "Pouk" for "Devil" is in the Matthew Bible as well. I've never seen an actual authentic copy of the Matthew Bible (in the original Early Modern English, I mean) nor have I found a Middle English copy of Langland to verify any of this. Anyway, the Christian-devil-as-Puck it fits in more with my own view of Puck (as derived from Gaiman's Sandman) "'I am that merry wanderer of the night.'? I am that giggling - dangerous - totally - bloody - psychotic - menace - to - life-and-limb, more like it." Of course, a devil with all of the Promethean overtones as well, as befitting a proper Romantic. ;) Also see some older ballads of Puck, pre-Shakespeare - with Puck as Satyr with witches dancing around him (note that there are 12, making him 13th). That's my Puck. ;) (there are other devil connections, such as an opera and ballads that call him "Robert the Devil," etc. which came to reflect on Robin Goodfellow-as-Puck and of course Robin Hood, etc.)

Photobucket

This was from when I first moved into my plot of land in Merry Old Caledon. I believe the hair was by Robin Wood. This was pre-Ingrid (this fellow is named Poe, terribly unimaginatively, and still pops up from time to time, most recently during the Corvus Sanctuary of Samhan). The primary source for my fashion style at the time was an attempt to form a sort of "Barnabas Collins" look. I never quite succeeded, primarily due to the lack of Inverness Coats, but I had fun trying.

Photobucket

This was from my first night at Caledon, I do believe, even before I had my home there. It was in Prof. Gould's old house and I believe miss Dagny Hemingway - whom I miss, and don't recall seeing recently - took it and made it into a portrait for me. It hung in my home for a while until my style changed and my hair changed, etc. I still have it though.

And finally:

Photobucket

At some sort of shop with Miss Seraph Nephilim and Miss Autumnyte Eponym. We thought it'd make an amusing profile pic, and it did. This was when I was still living at Serpent Isle in an apartment complex.

I originally lived at the Flamingo Court motel - since I love sleazy old roadside retro motels (note: this was long before I knew who Miss Prokkie was, so I had no idea at the time!)

Soon she'd be saying that "Puck Goodliffe is a nasty piece of work, as a number of people can tell you, and one of the reasons I didn't wish to remain in Caledon. I *used* to think Caledon had a higher quality of people than board trolls. I was wrong. Puck's notion of "narcissism" is pretty silly applied to me; it's because he can't see his own" and talking smack about ladies that I was involved with. She was my next-door neighbour, too, in Caledon. Needless to say, I far prefer Miss Pennyfeather!

Prok never did really say who these "number of people" were who think I am a "nasty piece of work." Alas. But her obsession with me, my relationships and BDSM seriously make me think she is really just a sub harboring a massive crush on me. Poor girl.

Then I got my plot of first land, where I met Miss Nephilim, THEN the apartment at Serpent Isle once I got fucking bloody sick and tired of the idiots spewing up ads everywhere and the general mainland bullshit). I don't have any photos of the inside of my apartment that I can remember, except for one with Miss Eponym in my Iron Maiden. Make up your own story with that one. Sadly, Miss Eponym has since vanished and I miss her. She was rockin'.

5 comments:

Eladrienne Laval said...

Well Pucky, you ARE a "nasty piece of work"...but I love you just the same! Hahahahahahaha! I enjoyed your year's retrospective hon!

Ajay said...

Hmmm... look who has a blog...

I'll be back :)

~your friendly neighborhood coworker

Michael Röhm said...

Haha, hello Ajay! Do you have a blog? Your profile is private so I can't snoop, alas!

Ajay said...

LOL! Yeah, I do... but it's RL and under another profile :P I'll hit you with it inworld if you permit your worlds to collide.

I'm trying to approve your myspace friends request, but myspace hates me at the moment so I've marked the request unread and will try to beat myspace into submission at a later date.

Michael Röhm said...

Oh yeah, my Worlds Collide fine. I'm pretty open about it, so worry not.

I have a livejournal too if you want the "real life Puck" as it were. And who doesn't? Aside from people who know better, of course.