It was pure fate.
My dear friend, Binne Ming (of Suffugium in SL fame, and whom I've known on the interwebs for 10 years or so from LambdaMOO, eljay, etc!) came across an interesting construction at the Burning Man sims. No sooner had she seen it and wanted to show it to some one, than I logged in.
"You have GOT to see this!" she IMed me with, so I headed out in the tux I'd been wearing from the other evening to the Burning Man sim she teleported me to.
Anyone who has ever seen This Is Spinal Tap has heard of the Druids. As Nigel accurately notes, "No-one knows who they were... or... what they were doing. But their legacy remains... HEWN into the living rock of STONEHENGE!"
If this piece is any indication, they were up to some pretty sexy stuff! Ladies and I gentlemen, I give you..

DILDOHENGE.
I am pretty awful at taking pics, so I suggest you look for Dildohenge yourself, but here's some more shots of this awesome construction.

The centre of Dildohenge, with a fire, a drum circle and smaller dildos hovering in the air! We know that the Druids burned people as a sacrifice to their gods - but clearly they did it with dildos and drum circles. And really, isn't that the best way to stage a human sacrifice? The Aztec method, for example, while certainly fun to contemplate, was not nearly as sexually charged.
The floating dildos remind me of certain scenes from HardGore. You probably haven't seen it, and you probably don't want to, but I had to make reference to it anyway, because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the floating dildos!
"What is the meaning of this?" I hear you ask. That is, if you haven't already removed me from your feeds after reading about the sorts of films I've seen.

Like all great works of art, it is a political critique. In this case, the dildos are actually missiles that have been rehabilitated. The top sign reads, "Dildohenge: beating our missiles into sex toys." The bottom sign reads, "Recycling weapons of mass destruction into weapons of multiple orgasm...
You can see our Chickenhawk in Chief's severed head on a sign in the background (let us hope that life follows this piece of art!). The sign, and another one in the build speaks ill of thought control in both our first life and our second life. There is a website associated with this, Libre Second Life dot Org, which is just a bunch of libertarian (in the orig5nal left-wing sense) rantings. Bunch of heathen anarchists! In other words, something I strongly support!
Later, Binne and I hopped onto flying brooms, I threw on a Hawaiian shirt and we donned witches' hats and soared about the sim (later, we found FREE BERETS) and wore those instead and gave out brooms to a guy who was informed that he was now welcome to join our Hellish Crusade (ask about our dental plan!).
Also, RASTA GRIFFIN:

That's just a couple of the kooky things I saw out there, but definitely the most amusing. Binne says she will make a post about it at some point so I shall link to it.
Be well!
yrs,
Puck

No comments:
Post a Comment