Saturday, September 29, 2007

I am *this* fucking close to giving up on SL for a while.

Today is Regency fest. I wanted to be there. A dear friend of mine, Miss Laval, worked hard on it and I wanted to see all she had done.

But will SL let me?

No. It will not.

Why?

Because every time I log in, it apparently tells my wireless connection that a really funny joke would be to not fucking work. "See," it says, "Puck really wants to get on, so how about every time he tries to log in, I connect, but refuse to send any data, or just send it in very short spurts - not enough to let him tell anyone, just to have him "walk" from point A to point God-knows-where in .01 seconds. But it gets better! Then *you* drop, and he has
to reconnect everything all over again!"

I'm serious, it's done this repeatedly today. Usually it doesn't, and when it does it is cleared up within a few hours. Not this time. This time it is in for the kill. I've paid off my Caledon rent and I am seriously considering just going away for a couple weeks or so. I don't *want* to, seeing as how I *just got a job,* I have great friends and I *want* to get involved in things in Caledon and elsewhere, but for fuck's sake.

Grrr.

3 comments:

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

Ah my dear sir, that is most frustrating indeed! It seems that rather than improving with time and age, SL is backsliding. They keep adding fancy frills without fixing the larger, underlying problems we've all be begging them to fix for....oh....ages.

I hope that this problem is repaired soon, for your sake (and the preservation of your sanity). Caledon would lose some of it's zip if you were no longer there.

In sympathy (and frustration),

Lady Primbroke (aka Mrs. Pearse)

Eladrienne Laval said...

I was glad to see you there for the walking tour and I really do appreciate it knowing how hard it was for you to get in and stay in.

I agree Lady Primbroke...lag and server issues has always been such a huge problem in our world. To not fix that first and roll out even more problem-inducing features is rather annoying.

Hope to see you soon Puck...

Emilly Shatner-Orr said...

Ouch.

I've had similar things happen.

Well, this is something that doesn't have an ETA, it can be answered--or not--whenever.

You've been tagged.

You can blame Seraph.

Hope the connectivity issues improve, I really do, that gets so draining.