Sunday, August 12, 2007

To quote the great Romantic poet Marshall Mathers:

Guess who's back?
Back again?
Guess who's back?
Tell a friend!

(preferably friends who are attractive single ladies)

I took quite the Sabbatical both from SL and from my blog here (although not my LJ, should anyone want the url to that, just ask).

This was for a variety of reasons.

First and foremost was a great difficulty with connecting to SL. Finally, that seems. No, I will say nothing.

Secondly, was that SL was operating at its usual level - teleport problems, attachment problems, etc, etc.

Third was the war. I realise - OOC - that this is all for roleplay and for charity, but I cannot bring myself to be polite when I am RPing fighting someone. It seemed to me that everyone wanted us to be "nice." Sorry, war is not nice, and I cannot rp being nice. "Hello, sir. Mind standing over there so I can shoot you? Ah, wonderful! A perfect shot! Thank you for being a good sport, my mortal enemy!"

Yeah, right.

Fourth was a certain lady who seems to have a fondness for a gentleman I find *most* distasteful. It was frustrating and hurtful, although that has calmed down some and I've come to accept it and enjoy her company and allow her to enjoy her company with him.

Fifth was a simple lack of things to write about; or, more properly, a lack of any sort of muse to make me feel compelled to write.

However, today was amusing. I spent much of my time with the wonderful Mrs. Christine Pearse (nee McAllister). While we were chatting in my home, some children dropped by, going on about a murder or something in Babbage Square.

They were seeking a man with a feathered hat. As you know, Your Puck is incorrigible and I simply could not help but make comments throughout the conversation about murder, torture, skulls, etc. I fear I frightened the children - but, perhaps they'll grow up to be like me instead! And until I find a lady willing to bear my heirs, that will have to do.

Mrs. Pearse had to leave and seemingly left the children in my care (she jokingly called it "Uncle Puck's Nursery and Daycare" or something similar) but, for some reason, they didn't enjoy my company like she did hers and quickly made off for the hospital in Caledon Regency.

I was later wandering about in Babbage when again, I bumped into a young lad by the name of Timothy. He was an urchin, so I spared him a few lindens. He was also new, so I showed him how to use the boxes properly in order to extract free-bies from a steampunk children clothier.

I also found my way to a delightful shoppe for Victorian gentlemen named The Gaslight, also in Babbage (Babbage Square to be exact, I believe). Next to Mr. Pearse's wonderful shop, I would highly recommend this one as well. I purchased a new green suit and a walking stick with AO, in addition to a steampunk hat and boots from another shoppe in Babbage Square called P. Irate's.


This is a shot of the outfit and stick in question, as well as the hat. The beautiful lady behind me is a French actress named "Fernande." I am not sure what her surname is. Anyone interested in acquiring this, or other pieces relating to her (or vintage lovely ladies in general) can find them at Sasha Saarinen's shoppe in Caledon.

I then spent the remainder of the evening with Mrs. Pearse at her homes as she gave me a tour of both. I must say, Mr. Pearse has wonderful taste in art. *grin*

Feel free to contact as I will be on for a bit longer, I do believe, although I am now resoundingly poorer.

1 comment:

Amber_Palowakski said...

Welcome back to the aether, Lord Puck!